Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Microsoft Powerpoint


Although Prezi is really neat, it was really confusing to me. I like how it’s “3-D”, I think that’s a really good way to get the audience’s attention. It was really confusing, though. It was talking about a “path” and a “journey” and I had no idea what it meant. I would like to learn more about this platform in the future because I think it has potential. I really liked the Wix platform where you can make free websites. I’m thinking about using that for my presentation, but it seems like a lot of work and I’m not really technologically inclined, so I’m not sure yet. I may just stick with Microsoft Powerpoint because I’ve used it in the past and it’s not as confusing or fancy as the platforms I looked at today.

Above is just a practice page for my presentation, which I created on Microsoft Powerpoint.
I would like to use Sliderocket to make my powerpoint, so I could access it online instead of having to worry about a jumpdrive, but Sliderocket isn't available to people anymore unless they're with a company.

 

1 comment:

  1. I see where you are coming from when it comes to Prezi! It used to be confusing to me as well but I have done a couple of them so I have pretty much figured out how to do it. I would be glad to try and show you how to use it in class sometime next week! As for the website, I also found it kind of confusing and time consuming but I might give Wix a try instead of Weebly. I had no idea that you couldn't create a sliderocket account anymore because I created mine last year. I still believe that PowerPoint would be a good way to go because you can add pictures and make it captivating!

    ReplyDelete