Thursday, January 17, 2013

Research Topics

Hi everyone!

For my research project I think I want to research either the correspondence principle of truth or why America has a shorter life expectancy than other wealthy countries.

In my critical thinking class we just started discussing the correspondence principle of truth and I find it fascinating so far. We haven't gotten into much detail about it yet in class, but I think it would be cool to dive deeper into the subject.

A couple days ago I read an article in The New York Times that said America has a shorter life expectancy than all other wealthy countries, and I was shocked. Considering our country is so advanced, I never thought I would hear that. I want to dig deeper into the matter and figure out what are the causes of this.

I'm not sure yet which of these topics, if either, I'm going to decide on but as of now these are what I'm thinking about!

 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    No worries that you aren't sure what you want to decide on at this point; that's exactly why we're starting to brainstorm early. Over the next few class sessions we'll talk more about the research process and that should be helpful for you in terms of narrowing your focus. Both of these ideas are interesting and have the potential for very solid research projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara my name is Glenda. I like your article. I was surprised as you were about our life expectancy. I took the critical thinking class good luck I am sure you will love the class. I am interested in your findings. If the bus ever get here on time maybe we can say hello.

    ReplyDelete